S-Line Motors Ltd is a Volkswagen Group Brands’ Specialized Automotive Garage in Uganda and rest of East Africa that is devotedly setting itself at the helm of the Automotive Industry. We have exciting job opportunities for enthusiastic persons to join our core team and gain experience in a thriving and technologically advancing automotive industry.
POSITION: Automotive Service Consultant (1) (Full time)
Brief Roles and Responsibilities:
• Greeting customers and directly hand them to available mechanic for attention to their vehicles.
• Consulting with mechanics regarding necessary repairs and possible alternatives.
• Using their knowledge of products and services to sell or provide in-depth information about available parts and service options to customers.
• Answering questions about service and outcomes of daily customer scheduling.
• Booking appointments, managing vehicle pickups and drop-offs.
• Providing customers with information and recommend on warranty protection, potential costs savings and advantages of trading in verses fixing the cars.
• Managing and overseeing the workshop’s workflow and schedules.
• Calling customers to recommend about workshop service changes or pickups and drop-offs times.
• Maintaining positive client relationships to ensure/ guarantee repeat business from clients.
• Ensuring that all detail on services rendered and their costs are related to customers and processing payments.
• Liaising with service technicians about parts ordering and ensuring parts are available for when needed.
• Provide a checklist for the Appointment Coordinator to follow when setting customer appointments.
• Ensure a Technician/Shop Foreman/Service Manager is available, when necessary, to answer technical questions from the customer, conduct a test drive or gather customer details using the Noise, Vibration, Harshness Job Aid
• Note customer concerns in the appropriate section of the customer file on the DMS and record all information on a concern resolution form.
• Use customer feedback to take corrective action to improve the service process.
• Document specific customer issues or concerns as well as customer preferences in the DMS for future use with the customer.
Qualifications, skills and Experience:
• A University degree in Automotive Engineering.
• Must have served in an automotive garage previously and for at least 3 years
• Must be conversant with part numbers and spares catalogues
• Must possess excellent computer usage skills with advanced knowledge in Microsoft office packages. An aptitude test shall be undertaken in this area.
• Must be aged between 28 to 45 years preferably.
• Must be fast-paced and with an excellent communication skill and fluent in English and other languages.
• Nationals within the East African Community preferred.
• Knowledge of the Automotive Industry is advantageous but not essential.
• Closing date for all applications is: Tuesday, 6th November 2020 by 5.30 pm.
• A detailed CV including an application letter and verified certificates should be submitted to the address below.
• Three (3) References are required. Independent reference checks will be carried out.
• Successful candidates should be willing to relocate to Uganda
• DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT AS ONE PDF FILE. Those who do the contrary shall be automatically disqualified
Remember only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please be alert!