Creative & Design
Conceptualize, design, and create stunning in-game visual effects (including modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, shaders, particle systems, explosions, and environmental effects, etc.) with high tool proficiency
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:2 years
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role (the mission, why this role exists, the thing you do over and over again)
- Conceptualize, design, and create stunning in-game visual effects (including modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, shaders, particle systems, explosions, and environmental effects, etc.) with high tool proficiency.
- Work with the art team to define a consistent style for VFX and to ensure the quality of the assets for all aspects of the project
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand gameplay requirements and to effectively communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the constraints of the engine
- Implement visual effects in the Unity game engine and iterate on them based on feedback from the design and development teams.
- Ensure that the visual effects are optimized for different hardware and platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in video game visual effects.
- Collaborate with other artists and designers to ensure that the game's overall visual style is consistent.
- Embrace the mentoring and collaboration values at Fortis to share feedback on design and technical challenges.
- Develop tools & refine pipelines for the art production process, including batching and automation
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
What you'll achieve (outcomes vs what people will do)
- Create dynamic VFX animations and apply compositing techniques to a variety of VFX assets consistent with the overall visual style of the game.
- Support the Art Director in the overall artistic vision for the game while taking ownership of VFX elements in the environments, gameplay mechanics, and cinematic sequences.
What you'll need to be successful (competencies)
- Experience in visual effects design, with a strong portfolio or reel showcasing your work.
- Proficiency in industry-standard software such as After Effects,, Maya, 3ds Max, or Houdini.
- Strong artistic skills and understanding of traditional art and animation principles.
- Ability to write scripts and actions to create VFX.
- Base understanding of node-based material and shader workflows.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, animation and particle systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Organized, particularly with asset management (including naming systems)
- Passion for video games and a deep understanding of the gaming industry and development pipelines.
- Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes, managing workload to communicate and best meet tight deadlines.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured