1st and 2nd line IT Support Engineer
Contact centre networks
Engineering & Technology
In this role you will be the first point of contact taking 1st line support calls, creating new user accounts, PC and laptop troubleshooting and setups, software installations and password resets. The role will be varied and there will be constant hands-on training from all experienced 2nd and 3rd line team members which will fast track your learning and position within the company. There will also be exposure to management of technical accounts and project work
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Fast expanding MSP, supporting a vast variety of business sectors within the UK and require a 1st and 2nd line IT Support Engineers to join their teams based in our Durban or Johannesburg offices.
1st line support:
In this role you will be the first point of contact taking 1st line support calls, creating new user accounts, PC and laptop troubleshooting and setups, software installations and password resets.
The role will be varied and there will be constant hands-on training from all experienced 2nd and 3rd line team members which will fast track your learning and position within the company. There will also be exposure to management of technical accounts and project work.
2nd line IT Support Engineer:
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and be willing to deal with all levels of IT support from first line upwards. The successful applicant will quickly progress from second line to project engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work within the team to provide first-line and second-line support.
• Undertake installation work both remotely.
• Self-manage own project-based activities and assist with other project-based activities.
• Configure and support desktops, laptops and server infrastructure.
• Report and manage issues to third parties keeping customers up to date on the progress through to resolution.
• Configure hardware devices, including but not limited to Routers, switches, and wireless access points.
• Install new PCs configuring as required and transferring all user-specific data.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Skills and qualifications
• You will have a ‘hands-on’ problem-solving approach and background.
• At least 1 to 3 years experience of in providing IT Support in a commercial environment.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting Microsoft Office, and Office 365 including MFA, Active Directory, Windows Server, connectivity (broadband, etc.), DNS management, Cloud back-up, NAS, Firewalls, and Routers.
• Working knowledge of networking including routing and switching, VPN, NAT, and IP connectivity troubleshooting.
• Good PC hardware experience: the ability to install, configure and maintain PCs and peripherals.
• Experience in using a helpdesk/support ticketing system.
• Flexible, calm, and approachable with a ‘can-do attitude
• Hard working, able to listen, learn and follow instructions
• Good organization skills
• Good communication skills being able to listen and question, in order to understand, diagnose and resolve issues, or understand requirements for configurations or proposals
• Ability to work well within a team, supporting other team members
• Excellent organization and multi-task work management skills.
• Ability to time manage projects and tasks and others in order to achieve objectives.
• Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be a team player with great attitude and work ethics to match
• Eager and hungry to learn and progress
• Hard working and honest
• Must be someone that asks for something to do rather than wait to be asked
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured