Our client is an NGO school located in Njambini (Nyandarua)
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
● Manages and controls petty cash transactions, ensuring accurate recordkeeping and adherence to policies and procedures. Regularly audits petty cash transactions for compliance and accuracy.
● Ensures accurate processing and recordkeeping of all bank deposits and other transactions.
● Reviews and processes all invoices, ensuring accurate and timely payments and maintaining clear records.
● Assists with the budget preparation process and maintains accurate records and updates to the budget as directed by the Head of Department (Manager, Finance & Compliance).
● Processes expense reimbursements for employees, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures and accurate recordkeeping.
● Captures, manages and monitors all financial transactions in the internal accounts database in order to maintain accurate and up-to-date digital and physical financial records.
● Prepares, updates and maintains spreadsheets, accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
● Serves as primary Finance Department resource when the rest of the Finance team is unavailable or absent; provides assistance with inquiries concerning financial information.
● Assists the Financial Accountant in the annual financial audit and interim audit process by ensuring compliance and proper record keeping.
● Sets up new accounts in the general ledger; reconciles selected general ledger accounts; prepares journal entries for reclassification of expenses, as needed.
● Assists in the monthly stock taking, asset tagging and management.
● Analyses data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
● Performs filing and general administrative tasks in the Finance Department.
● Liaises professionally with other departments to ensure compliance with finance policies and procedures.
Key Procurement Responsibilities:
● Coordinate procedures consistent with developed and/or approved sourcing strategies and preferred vendors, including control strategies to minimize risk.
● Support departments in preparation of; LPO’s, delivery notes, awards notifications and contract agreements.
● Update program managers and department heads on the status of pending orders and budgetary variances.
● Prepare tender documents and review supplier contracts and proposals to ensure they meet expected standards.
● Collaborate with departments to explore and establish optimal suppliers based on cost, efficiency, and delivery specifications.
● Maintain procurement records and prepare reports for leadership.
● Support heads of departments in developing procurement plans for goods and services.
● Review and stay up-to-date on trends and market conditions to improve negotiating ability, quality, and economies of scale.
● Work closely with the local business community to identify and recommend opportunities where organizational needs can help improve the local economy
● In collaboration with the Finance Manager, ensure clear communication of the specifications and expectations of the company. Works with the Programs Team, Department Heads, and Boston Office to complete special projects.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
●Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Supplies, and Procurement, or a similar area of study
● At least an intermediate level of Accounting Professional qualification (CPA/ACCA II)
● Minimum of 3 years experience, as an Accounts Assistant preferably Procurement experience.
● Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures and familiarity with finance regulations
● Technical proficiency with MS Excel and familiarity with the use of accounting software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Fluency in English and Swahili.
● Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all organisational levels.
● Exceptional quality time management and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
● Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure in situations that impact the safety and security of children.
● Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.