This highly client centered, quality and performance driven car dealership group are seeking an Autobody Foreman to join their motivated upcoming technical and sales team at this award winning passenger car dealership in Bungoma. This car dealership is looking to establish their technical and administrative team in order to support their growth and commitment to the brand and customers alike.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Essential Duties
• Supervises body shop technicians, and aids and training as needed.
• Maintains high level of technician productivity. Develops and utilizes management reports to monitor productivity.
• Submits bookings and time reports to the General
• Manager daily.
• Initiates procedures to ensure a consistent high level of quality service.
• Writes professional and accurate estimates.
• Submits accurate and well-documented supplements for repairs not listed on the original estimate.
• Ensures that all parts necessary for repairs are ordered in a timely manner, inventoried upon receipt, and charged out on the proper repair order.
• Contacts customers upon receipt of parts and schedules work in a timely and efficient manner.
• Gives accurate promised times and notifies customers immediately of any changes or delays.
• Monitors progress and completion of vehicles in the shop, ensuring that proper repair and safety procedures are followed.
• Performs a quality-control check and inspects each vehicle after repairs are completed.
• Completes and closes all repair orders and files repair orders and related documents.
• Verifies insurance payment, rental authorization and balance due prior to release of vehicles.
• Meets with the General Manager daily to keep him/her informed of job status and any deviations that may have occurred.
• Maintains an accurate paint and material inventory.
• Maintains facilities and equipment, ensuring cleanliness and safety.
• Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Education and/or Experience
• Diploma from college or university in automotive engineering/equivalent;
• At least three years hands on experience in accident and collision repair
• Four to 10 years related experience as a supervisor/middle level management in a busy accident and collision repair organization
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Language Skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Mathematical Skills
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Reasoning Ability
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.), in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Auto Body Shop Foreman - Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.