Duties and responsibilities:
i) Carrying out feasibility studies
ii) Planning and designing water supply and sewerage infrastructures
iii) Carrying out research activities in various aspects of water, sewerage and hydraulic systems
iv) Ensuring professional standards and undertaking quality control during construction of water supply and sewerage infrastructure
v) Supervising the construction of water and sewerage works undertaken directly or by contract
vi) Maintaining water supply and sewerage systems
vii) Monitoring and evaluation of physical and financial progress of development projects and programmes
viii) Being a resident Engineer of a project and
ix) Preparing technical tender documents on water supply and sewerage infrastructure
Requirements for appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an Officer must:-
i) Have served in the grade of Senior Superintendent Engineer ( Water and Sewerage) for a minimum period of three (3) years
ii) Have Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution
iii) Have Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from s recognized institution
iv) Be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya as an Engineer
v) Have certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
vi) Be a member of the institution of Engineers of Kenya ( IEK)
vii) Have certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution and
viii) Have demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of water and sewerage engineering programs and projects.
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.