A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences / Community Development / Child Psychology or related disciplines.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Gross Salary: 40-50K
Report to: Project Director
Our Client is a non-profit organization in Muranga which focuses in implementing school going children support programmes. They seek to recruit a suitable qualified person to fill the position of Community Development Worker who will facilitate program development, provide overall coordination and strategic direction, forge networks with other stakeholders and monitor, evaluate and report on other sub- projects within the program. He/she will also be responsible for planning and implementing activities within the program including the capacity building projects. In addition, he/she will coordinate the Child/family support program activities and ensure that they conform to the goals and objectives of the program.
• Assist in the development and implementation of strategies relating to the program
• Hold weekly meetings with team to review progress of activities
• Propose measures for program strengthening especially of the support groups
• Prepare detailed annual plans, budgets, reports and planning schedules.
• Holds regular reviews and assessments with all beneficiaries /Target Groups,
• Support Groups, Community Health Workers and contact persons and identify areas for improvement.
• Maintain a healthy relationship at all times between the staff, families and contact persons
• Develop case plans with all care givers enrolled in the programme
• Update of the viral loads for care givers and children who are on care who are enrolled in the project
• Develop MOU with health facilities in the project area
• Review the Child/family case plans after every six months
• Responsible for all Target Group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program
• Carry out social assessments of the families and individuals referred from the community local administration.
• Conduct home visits to families assessed to verify further information given and also establish their economic status.
• Using the selection criteria and with the help of the other social workers, select beneficiaries to be supported by the program.
• Always maintain an up to date record of beneficiaries in terms of number of families, children, adults, youth and sex.
• Ensure that all records are well kept; maintain an excellent filing system in form of hard copies as well as in the computers.
• Facilitate Open communications within the Community home team and other departments
• Ensure that up-to-date records for all reports, minutes of meetings, correspondence etc. are properly documented and safely kept.
• Facilitate open communication and coordination between the community support program and other programs in the project area.
• Objectively resolve problems and make timely decisions affecting the team and the operations of their work.
• Facilitate good working relationship with health facilities in the project area
• Facilitate the educational development of children in the target group
• With the assistance of the community representatives develop selection criteria to identify children to be supported for bursary and assist them in the selection.
• Monitor the performance and progress of all the children supported in the program every term and develop progress charts.
• Prepare holiday programme ensuring that sufficient educational and recreational activities are offered to the children.
• Ensure that all the children are ready for school whenever the new term begins by purchasing personal school materials for them well in advance to avoid lateness and delays.
• Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of all the support groups and parents representatives
• Organize trainings for the support groups and Community Workers according to their needs.
• Facilitate the community and Support groups in their efforts to provide educational, psychological and social support to each other.
• Monitor the progress of children under the program by holding meetings with them and their parents at least once every month.
• Follow up on the activities of the and ensure data collection tools are timely filled and collected
• Provide incentives in form of trainings and material rewards to the team to motivate them
• Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors GOK departments and community
• Identify potential donors, government of Kenya departments and private businesses and establish networks.
• Maintain good relations with the local and international sponsors through ensuring prompt correspondence and providing regular updates on progress of the programmes.
• Handle and respond to high-level correspondence in consultation with the Project Coordinator and/or his appointee.
• At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, CV beneficiaries and their families as well as co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing data protection laws.
• Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required, enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
• Transcribe information into required electronic format, Scan documents into document management systems or databases and store completed documents in designated locations.
• Check completed work for accuracy; maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks undertaken on/in the databases.
• Respond to requests for information and access relevant files while ensuring compliance with data integrity and security policies
• Ensure that data on all program participants is accurate and up to date as per the set standards/frequency of updating and review (every 3 – 6 Months)
Qualifications and Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences / Community Development / Child Psychology or related disciplines.
• Knowledge in data collection, analysis and knowledge management
• Prior experience with project cycle management in a complex project
• At least 3 years’ progressive experience working with vulnerable populations (children, youth, women) and community groups.
• Previous experience in child -focused organizations working with children on care, protection and advocacy OVC Case management approach will be an added advantage. 6. Strong analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili is preferred.
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral skills in English, Kiswahili and local language
• Strong report writing skills.
• Child Protection Policy
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Community Development Officer) before 1st October 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.