DEPARTMENT OF GENDER, CULTURE YOUTH AND SPORTS
4. Culture Officer Job Group J (3 POSTS)
Duties and responsibilities
• Organize community cultural festivals at sub county level
• Oversee identification, preservation and conservation of historical sites
• Participate in the development of creative and cultural industries and the arts for economic development and promotion of cultural and identity value in the sub county
• Operationalize community cultural centres and galleries.
• Identify and vet cultural groups and individual requesting assistance with cultural grants
• Identify and vet cultural and entertainment groups for public functions in the sub county
• Visit and monitor all cultural facilities to ensure they have the required facilities at the sub county level
• Monitor and evaluate all community cultural heritage projects and report on progress
• Prepare timely periodic reports on the cultural programmes and activities for review by director culture
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology or any other related field from a recognised institution
• Good Communication skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Good Organizational skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• At least three (3) years working experience
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300