1-2 years experience in urban farming or vegetable gardening
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
Based in Kisumu city Kenya, we excel in producing, buying, processing, and selling African Leafy Vegetables
We organically produce African Leafy Vegetables on our 20-acre farm and buy additional vegetables from over 100 farmers. Our other farms are 5 acres in Siaya and 26 acres in Mumias. We process these vegetables under strict quality and food safety measures to preserve the optimum nutritional value for our customers. Our pre-boiled, ready-to-fry vegetables can be found in butcheries across the country. In addition, we also sell fresh vegetables daily delivered to clients in Kisumu and western region at large.
We collaborate with organisations to provide technical GAP training and organic farming skills to local farmers
Access to markets
We buy from farmers providing a ready market for produce. Doing so enables the farmers to focus on quality production.
We process ready-to-fry vegetables under strict quality and food safety measures to preserve the optimum nutritional value for our customers.
Farm Assistant Kisumu East: 2 positions
Farm Assistant Kisumu west: 2 positions
Farm Assistant Kisumu Central: 2 positions
Monthly Salary (Gross): Kes. 12,000
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of a Farm Manager, the Farm Assistant will perform a variety of tasks included but not limited to
• Seeding, watering, planting, harvesting, processing produce, weeding, composting, mowing, mulching, and pruning.
• supports all production and maintenance needs of our two farm
• Support food production goals and ongoing farm maintenance through daily tasks such as seeding, planting, watering, weeding, and mowing;
• Process vegetables for distribution including harvesting, washing, and bunching;
• Engage with farm stand visitors and/or farm share participants;
• Serve as a positive role model to youth apprentices and adult volunteers;
• Support site visits from funders, elected officials, peer programs, and others;
• Light data entry and other record-keeping;
• Collaborate on special events on the farms such as fundraisers and community festivals;
• Participate in staff meetings, social media outreach, and program planning as necessary.
Successful candidates for this position Must meet the following qualifications:
• 1-2 years experience in urban farming or vegetable gardening;
• Excited to learn/deepen knowledge of urban farming best practices and techniques;
• Ready to work outside, in all types of weather;
• Open to direction, works well in a team;
• Willing to take initiative and lead farm tasks with groups of youth or adult volunteers;
• Commitment to social justice;
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work collaboratively with those from various racial, ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds; Outgoing, personable, able to effectively engage with community members
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.