Finance Coordinator at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics or similar
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Together with Country Management Team, participating in the definition of the KSU objectives and strategies, planning, implementing, and monitoring the financial operational and budget needs, anticipating changes and challenges, and planning accordingly, in order to ensure budgets are relevant and appropriate.
- Defining and analysing the KSU budget to ensure that funds are used according to the funding contracts, proposing corrective actions if needed
- Implementing and supervising financial transaction procedures and systems, to ensure transparent and traceable accounting practices
- Implementing circuits and workflows, such as management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchasing procedures, payment approvals, follow-up of payments and bank reconciliations
- Ensure timely execution and control of monthly/yearly accountancy closure, internal and local/external financial reports, and audits as well as local tax rule compliance.
- Ensure alignment with internal MSF European Supply Centres (ESC) & MSF OCB HQ financial processes & guidelines and compliance
- Creating awareness about anti-corruption policies, making sure the processes are followed in all KSU units.
- Kenya Supply Unit SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- In collaboration with HQ and MSF Supply; ensure the financial transition from KSU towards MSF Supply Kenya
- Ensure the financial TIC (Transformational Investment Capacity) reporting in collaboration with ESC and MSF OCB HQ
- Ensure that the regional procurement made by the structure is using an Administrative Cost recovery system to contribute to the coverage of the structure budget
- Lead the change in the structure towards a paperless approach aligned with the structure transition
- Ensure and develop, in relation with HQ and ESC, an insurance policy for the activities of MSF Supply Kenya
Education & Experience
- Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics or similar
- At least 3 years of pertinent work experience in finance
- Essential work experience of at least 1 year with MSF
- Strong private sector experience
- Experience in supervising/managing, training and coaching
- Experience working in developing countries
- Experience in supervising financial administration (e.g. book keeping, tax administration) and perform monitoring and control of standard accounting procedures
- Rigorous / integrity
- Analytical thinking and planning
- Proactivity and autonomy
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Strong team player
- Self-driven with a solution-oriented approach
- People-oriented and diplomatic approach
- Fluency in English
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured