Seeking a strong risk manager who will oversee our comprehensive risk management program, identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the organization and recommending and implementing control improvements to mitigate the risk.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 7 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will oversee our comprehensive risk management program, identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the organization and recommending and implementing control improvements to mitigate the risk. You will also lead our internal audit team and work with the team to plan and execute audits across the organization. You will report to the CFO and work closely with senior leaders in the organization to embed best practices in risk management across the organization.
- Analyze complex data and information to identify potential risks and their implications and communicate risk-related information to various stakeholders, including senior management and board members.
- Lead the risk management process by ensuring that risk registers are up to date, monitored and reviewed frequently.
- Develop and execute a risk-based audit strategy by ensuring that One Acre Fund has a solid system of internal controls and supporting the embedding of controls across the organization.
- Lead the global Risk Working Group by working with the risk owners on their risk management strategies and risk mitigation action plans, assessing the impact of business changes in risk exposure and internal controls and compliance requirements.
- Manage and develop a multilayered team of audit professionals (15+ staff, 2 direct reports).
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, we are seeking someone with 5-7+ progressive risk management which may include time spent in internal audit. You are encouraged to apply if you have:
- 7+ years of progressive risk management experience with previous experienced gained in an internal or external audit.
- 3+ years of experience managing medium to large cross country and multilayered team (10+ people).
- In-depth knowledge of market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, and other risks and understanding of risk management principles, methodologies, and best practices (including reporting).
- Sound knowledge of audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Experience managing relationships with key leaders at various levels within the organization with the aim to influence attitudes and support them to embed best practices on governance, risk management, compliance, and internal controls across the organization.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi Kenya
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit in Rwanda for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive background and work history in our) countries of operations are preferred.
January 31, 2024
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.