REPORTS TO: FINANCE AND MARKETING MANAGER
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
Your job description, duties and responsibilities as the Information Technology Assistant include but not limited to the following:-
a) Manage all the information technology systems within the company and its connectivity across its operations which involve critical linkage to the finance management system, banks and the green leaf supply chains and made tea distribution network;
b) Maintain and manage the company intranet and internet functionality for real time activities operations;
c) In charge of the IT Team within the Company;
d) Ensure that all the IT systems in the factory and the linkages to all the tea catchment zones are up-to date and working properly;
e) Responsible for the internet connectivity and general telephony systems within the factory and its ancillary system;
f) Make periodical reports to the factory management on the performance of information technology systems;
g) Responsible for the IT strong rooms and IT systems installations
h) A linkage between all the factory systems, operations, field, accounts and administration through modern technological IT systems
i) Team leader of the IT section and reports to the administration department on health and safety systems, health and safety records and the factory overall management of injuries at the workplace;
j) Appraise IT employees periodically and submit their reports for action by the Administration Manager and
k) Any other duty as may be assigned by the Factory from time to time.
Personal Attributes, Behavior and Abilities
The employee must continuously demonstrate the following attributes, behaviors and abilities:-
• Commitment to the ideals of the Company, notably to its role in processing and marketing teas in international standards;
• Understanding of the Company’s organization structure and administration and manufacturing processes;
• Personal integrity, vibrant energy, flexibility, good judgment and creativity;
• High level of attention to detail in your job;
• Readiness to adopt an open and flexible working culture without constant supervision i.e. adherence to values of timekeeping, time management collegiality, mutual respect, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hour;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the respect of other colleagues and customers;
• A good sense of humour and ability to work under minimal supervision.