DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND COOPERATIVES
4. Irrigation /Drainage Engineer Job Group K (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, design and oversee construction of irrigation projects for transporting and distributing water to agricultural lands
• Plan and design irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications
• Direct, through subordinate supervisors, construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals and ditches according to the type of soil, climate characteristics, water supply, return flow and other factors affecting irrigation requirements.
• Conduct research on problems of soil drainage and conservation, applying knowledge of civil engineering.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Knowledge in CAD applications and fluid mechanics that would help in designing irrigation systems.
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage)
• At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300