We are a leading group of schools offering both British International Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with branches in various counties. We seek to fill the following key positions with high caliber, self- motivated; result oriented and experienced professionals to join our vibrant team. The positions have arisen due to growth in our current campuses as well as planned opening of our new British International Curriculum School.
- IT Administrator
The incumbent will oversee the organizations’ computer systems and manage IT teams. S/he will be responsible for the maintenance of information systems and networks, upgrade and install new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting as well as back up data and manage network security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in and supports capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Manage communications and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use. Create required reports in response to business user needs.
Skills and Abilities
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, platform operating systems, ERP’s etc
- Extensive application support experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, accounting software.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards,
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, IT, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Professional certification g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a plus
- Have knowledge and relevant working experience of 2 years in a busy organization
Interested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and responsibilities. Send application letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 20th February, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.