Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms is the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa. We are on track to become the most efficient and sustainable fish farm in the world, with a mission to feed 2 billion Africans with locally produced, high-quality, protein-rich meals by the end of 2040.
Job Title: IT Supervisor
Reports To: IT Manager
The I.T Supervisor is responsible for supporting users under his / her jurisdiction, understanding the business environment, and proposing technology solutions to the IT Manager that can improve efficiency in their area of operation, coordinating IT projects on the ground through user trainings, user support. He/she is responsible for ensuring that all user issues are addressed or escalated in a timely manner.
• System support & maintenance
• Ensure optimal issue resolution process for the Tickets that are reported from users in ALL Victory Farms systems.
• Escalate issues in a timely manner that require more resources and attention.
• Coordinate with all stakeholders involved in a specific system issue to ensure they are aligned until the issue is concluded.
• Ensure the printers, laptops, mice, scanners, and any other computer hardware is regularly checked and serviced.
• Solve hardware related issues that are manageable.
• Oversight of internet infrastructure and connectivity in all locations under jurisdiction to ensure round the clock operation.
• Data security
• Propose data security and any other strategies to the IT Manager to avert any risk of corruption or loss of the company’s data.
• Controlling and monitoring user access to the Victory Farms’ systems.
• Identify potential data security and protection risks and make them known to IT Manager for action to be taken.
• Setup proven mechanisms to detect fraud / corruption of data through hacks, suspicious user activity, unauthorized access, power failure etc.
• Full engagement in disaster recovery planning and execution
• Coordinating disaster recovery tasks when need arises.
• Identifying and suggesting various opportunities to improve the company’s infrastructure and data management.
• 1st line support to all personnel within the office/sites
• Work closely with the IT Manager to support and develop first- and second-line team members.
• Working within a ticketing system, virtual environments including disaster recovery
• Troubleshooting and problem diagnosis, data collection and vendor liaison
• Updating and creating documentation and procedures for internal use
• Remote support of external users
• Implementation and management of CCTV systems
• Ad hoc duties when required by Management.
• Identifying opportunities than can improve efficiency in the business.
• Providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects
• Analysing data and identifying data integrity issues and implementing solutions
Key Performance indicator
• Tickets should be closed within 2 hours of opening.
• Tickets should be escalated within 4 hours.
• Toners, phones, tablets, SIM cards should not go below the reorder levels at any given point.
• Toners – 5
• Percentage of projects/assignments delivered withing the agreed time.
• Number of devices (laptops, printers, and phones) serviced.
• Monthly YouTube utilization to be maintained below 15%