KWALE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, TRADE AND ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT
i) Job Title: Markets Superintendent II – JG “J” (2 POSTS)- Vacancy No-30/2020/KCPSB
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment
For one to be appointed to this grade, he/she must have:
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, Business Management, or its equivalent from a recognized institution, and
ii. Certificate in computer application from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Officer.
1. Conducting market research and surveys in order to come up with new potential market for traders.
2. Market linkages: - linking traders to new and existing markets.
3. Promotion of market infrastructure development: - conducting public participations for the proposed market projects; supervising and coordinating the construction of the market projects in order to ensure work is done within the stipulated period;
4. Supervision of market projects: - conducting site visits for on-going market projects to ensure work is done as per bill of quantities
5. Management of markets: - conducting market inspections to ensure the market areas are always clean and tidy and that specific cleaning tasks are performed as required;
6. Allocation of market stalls/space: - issuance of stall allocation forms, conducting assessment of stall applicants and selecting successful applicants.
7. Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
NOTE: Please visit our website www.kwalecountygov.com for details of the requirements.
All applications should be submitted on or before Thursday 13th AUGUST 2020 by 4:30 Pm in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the category in which they fall and addressed to;
Kwale County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 4 - 80403
Posted or hand delivered at the Kwale County Public Service Board Offices next to Kwale Sub-County Hospital.
1. People with special needs are encouraged to apply
2. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification