5. POSITION: Meter Reader (Scale 2) NO. 4
• Calibrates and tests meters and other recording devices according to test documentation and specifications.
• Make periodic and scheduled preventative maintenance inspections of all metering control instruments.
• Diagnose existing or potential problems and make recommendations on corrective action.
• Lays out, install and place into service new metering, controlling and recording devices.
• Record all test data as directed by procedure and work instructions.
• Document test reports and submit report summaries.
• Detect leaks and bursts in commercial and residential locations.
• Detect leaks on underground piping and sewer systems.
• Identify faults in piping and distribution lines and liaise with the network maintenance team to ensure these are replaced or overhauled as required.
• Report leaks and bursts to the Network Maintenance Engineer as required and follow up to ensure that these are repaired in a timely and quality manner.
• Use relevant maps and documents to locate illegal and legal water and sewer lines connections.
• Control valves, water balancing, monitoring the reservoir water levels required
• Certificate in Meter Reading or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• KCE Division III or KCSE D+;
• Basic ICT skills;
• Customer care skills;
• Motor bike valid driving license
• Basic plumbing skills;
• Report writing skills;
• Communication and interpersonal relations skills;
• Two (2) years’ experience and above
Qualified and interested applicants may apply by enclosing a cover letter, a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials and names and addresses of three ( 3) referees (including telephone and email contacts) to Managing Director,Siaya Bondo Water &Sanitation Company ,P.O.BOX 214-44060 SIAYA OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. All applications should be received not later than 21st April 2021 only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.