Our client is one of the leading ethical clothing factories in the world. Garments produced by them have been worn by Michelle Obama on numerous occasions and their work is regularly featured in international publications. The organisation runs a charitable trust that provides women with practical skills needed to see sustainable improvement in their lives and lift themselves out of poverty. The Trust Project includes a sewing training facility, a sewing machine workspace, Kujuwa Initiative programme (Menstrual Health Management), WASH programme and delivery of training programmes to five locations in the local community. They are currently seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the projects; assisting the Project Team Leader in preparing quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the project and will be responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Successful candidate must have experience working with international donors and have excellent M&E and Program Development skills.
• Ensure that M&E data and results continue to inform programme strategy by working with program leadership to understand and devise strategies to implement results which maximize programme impact.
• Assist in the review of project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
• Continue to review the monitoring and evaluation tools and the data that is being produced. This may include conducting workshops for field staff on monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
• Develop baseline data for new projects and for all project indicators.
• Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
• Develop proposals and proposal budgets, working with field staff, Project Team Leader and Director to creatively contribute ideas that can then be packaged to meet the needs of the donor(s).
• Assist in the development and/or finalization of project work plans and keep them updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Help Team Leader ensure that all project costs are included in budgets.
• Contribute to planning/writing of the annual report.
• Outreach to other NGOs and organizations in Kenya that have an interest in washable sanitary pads to help create a network for Hub members.
• Support the Director and Project Team Leader in expanding the Kujuwa Initiative.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
● Must have 3 years of relevant professional experience.
● Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
● Must have knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
● Must Experience in planning and managing surveys.
● Must experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
● Must experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
● Mustbe flexible to travel between Voi and Kikambala and work under pressure.
● Proficiency in IT including the ability to use MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software).
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 120,000 - 130,000 (Approx. 1,200 – 1,300 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 30th April 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience