One Acre Fund
Engineering & Technology
We are looking for a professional with 3+ years of work experience to assist in maintaining our network security and supervising network updates. As well as support Country ITO but also the thread that connects all operations.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for a professional with 3+ years of work experience to join the IT Networks in Kenya. You will provide Networks services to the Infrastructure team in Kenya. You will maintain the networks and systems that keep our organization running. From maintaining Network security to supervising network updates you will not only support Country ITO but also the thread that connects all operations. Deep technological expertise with multiple computer systems, hardware, and software is essential for this role and helps improve our organization forward. You will directly report to the Networks Lead.
- Monitor computer networks for signs of trouble such as slow performance or security breaches.
- Maintain and troubleshoot our computer network system to ensure performance.
- Help build computer networks and systems.
- Install new software and update existing software applications on workstations, servers, or network devices.
- Provide technical support to help users troubleshoot problems with their computer systems.
- Coordinate network upgrades, including installing new hardware or software components.
- Create documentation to help other ITO staff members understand how to use new technologies.
- Design and implement network security measures to protect data from unauthorized access.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine their Network needs.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Previous working experience as a Networks Administrator for 3years
- BSc degree in Computer Science or a similar relevant field.
- Certification in CCNA, CCNP and ITIL Foundation is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and troubleshooting these devices
- Hands-on experience with PC/server hardware, PBX devices and other peripherals.
- Experience in Network monitoring such as Zabbix and PRTG.
- Familiarity with access control models and network security.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
26 March 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured