Partnership and Resource Development Coordinator
Community & Social Services
Our client, KCDF is a Kenyan not-for-profit public foundation that supports community-driven development initiatives. They are recruiting for a Partnership and Resource Development Coordinator whose primary goal is to engage in resource mobilization activities to secure revenue for the organization and to implement the organization’s resource mobilization strategy.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
REPORTS TO: Head of Partnership and Resource Development
STAFF DIRECTLY SUPERVISED: None
About the Company
KCDF is a Kenyan not-for-profit public foundation that supports community-driven development initiatives. We work through strategic, carefully selected partnerships in Kenya at the national and community levels. We strongly believe in the ability of communities to identify their needs and, with a little external support, prioritize and implement solutions. We also recognise that pro-poor policies are critical to addressing some of the systemic challenges faced by vulnerable groups, hence the need to push for the development of the necessary policies to support the promotion of a just and fair society, as well as good governance.
Reporting to the Head of Partnership and Resource Development, the Partnership and Resource Development Coordinator’s primary goal is to engage in resource mobilization activities to secure revenue for the organization and to implement the organization’s resource mobilization strategy. You will also generate a pipeline of funders and write compelling fundraising prepositions.
- Implement the resource mobilization strategy with clear deliverables and targets based on the organization’s strategic plan.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relations with key Funding partners, the Board of Directors, Trustees, and other external stakeholders.
- In consultation with the Head of Partnership and Resource Development, engage and support the Board and Trustees in resource mobilization activities.
- Oversee the implementation of an effective outreach strategy to reach donors (individuals, the private
- sector, and international funders) in resource mobilization activities.
- Work closely with the communication team in designing and implementing effective and diverse profile-raising activities for KCDF mission work, which is key to successful fundraising.
- Execute fundraising campaigns and event sponsorship campaigns.
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support for the organization’s long-term sustainability.
- Coordinate with the Programs department to generate reports for donors.
- Writing and producing compelling concepts and proposals and campaign reports.
- Maintain KCDF’s donor management system.
- Participate in periodic reviews of the organization’s strategy and programs. management initiatives.
RELATIONSHIPS INTERNALLY: Executive Director, Board and Trustees, Programmes, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Communications, Governance & Philanthropy, Finance and Administration.
RELATIONSHIPS EXTERNALLY: National and International Donors, Private Sector, Individuals, Nonprofit Organizations, Key Philanthropic Networks, Community Partners, Global and Regional Network Partners.
JOB LOCATION: The position is based in Nairobi, with occasional in-country and regional travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, international development studies, social sciences or any other related field (A Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience leading major fundraising events or campaigns.
- Knowledge of fundraising practices and environment, both locally and internationally.
- Ability to lead fundraising events and manage donor relations.
- Ability to recognise and capitalise on funding opportunities.
- Has demonstrated experience with drafting successful funding proposals.
- Past experience working with a Fundraising system will be an added advantage
- Has excellent writing, networking, strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail, solution-oriented and a creative thinker.
How to apply:
If interested, submit your application by visiting this link - https://zurl.to/L5Vk?source=CareerSite
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured