Our client, a major retailer within the UK outdoor furniture market, is looking for an experienced Product Technical and QC Manager with a strong background in new product development.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The ideal candidate will lead the technical discussions in the development of new product and ensure the ongoing quality of existing suppliers and product lines. The ideal candidate is a quality assurance expert, a diligent problem solver and strong communicator. This individual will create and oversee best practices for quality management and quickly and methodically address issues, identify their root cause, and create detailed corrective action plans.
• Work in partnership with product development and product management team to ensure that concepts can be manufactured efficiently, and quality is “designed in”.
• Makes recommendations to merchandising and development teams to improve product functionality and contribute to the development of consumer level instructions.
• Sets up and leads design review meetings with cross-functional team to review preliminary and final product designs.
• Managing outbound (Factory) QC, ensuring Quality Control processes at manufacture are adhered to and shipped product meets desired quality level.
• Managing inbound (Warehouse) QC, ensuring that AQL checks are carried out on arrival and that quality processes are adhered to.
• Maintains database of quality assurance issues, corrective actions and follows up with suppliers in a timely manner.
• Provide technical input for full lifecycle product development. (Design, develop, sample manufacture, new product introduction at manufacture and quality assurance).
• Ensure all products have required certification and ensure this is kept up to date.
• Design processes and components that meet consumer/customer needs and requirements.
• Conduct experiments methodically to analyse data and interpret results.
• Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability, and safety.
• Must have a degree or qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
• 3 years and above relevant experience in consumer goods/products (Furniture preferred).
• Must have experience of dealing with Far East Manufacturing site.
• Must have experience working in partnership with product development/management teams and designers to provide engineering guidance on new products.
• Experience and working knowledge of basic quality assurance processes and tools such as root cause analysis, AQL, etc
• Preferably have experience of managing a remote team in FE.
• Solid understanding of core engineering concepts including mechanical analysis, materials science.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical information verbally and in written form, and present information in meetings and to groups.
• Ability to review quality issues, identify a root cause and recommend a corrective action plan
• A positive, confident, and proactive attitude
• High level influencing and communication skills
Monthly Gross Salary: Kes 120,000
Career Level: Mid- Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Deadline: 16th December, 2022.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured