The Sales Manager will join the organization's
management team and will be expected to drive sales growth in line with our
approach, structures and market concept. In addition, the Sales Manager will
play a significant role in the development and management of corporate relations
with stakeholders in the local sales environment. He/she MUST have Prior experience supervising a team,
preferably in FMCG with at least 3 Years of experience.
- Drive new Sales Depot activation by organizing efforts related to identifying new stores and converting them into Sales Depots.
- Oversee opening and launching of new Sales Depots through the supervisor in charge.
- Organize onboarding of new sales staff. Work to ensure that the time from commissioning a new Sales Depot until it performs well is brought down.
- Ensure proper implementation and adherence to processes at the new Sales Depots. Emphasize a keen “attention to detail” and accuracy with regards to the implementation of these processes.
- Drive performance with an eye on sales data and KPIs of sales staff.
- Based on stakeholder analysis, develop strategic partnerships with local stakeholders as a way to promote the company’s CSR activities and create buy-in amongst a wide range of authorities and partners with our approach (nutrition, garbage management, employment).
- Develop and confidently pitch new initiatives to relevant external stakeholders. Drive the implementation of such initiatives and activities.
- Drive the adoption of the company’s values and vision amongst the sales team by constantly communicating them when interacting with staff.
- Identify the skills and knowledge gaps of the sales force and address them on the spot wherever possible.
- Organize and oversee marketing related events and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have prior experience supervising a team in FMCG.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Have strong planning skills with experience setting and tracking monthly sales goals and forecasting future departmental needs.
- Have project planning and management experience and have been able to implement multiple activities (events, initiatives, trainings) concurrently.
- Be a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long – lasting relationships within teams and with external stakeholders.
- Past experience and knowledge in addressing a wide range of performance issues in individuals and teams.
- Have a good understanding of the business environment, culture and communities in Mombasa.
- Have good interpersonal skills and are a great motivator.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 100,000 - 150,000 (Approx. 1,000-1,500USD).
Deadline: 11th October 2021.
Level: Lower Mid-level.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***