Arbitration of disputes on inheritance, marriage and divorce in Muslim families
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
-For appointment as a Resident Kadhi, an applicant must:
- i. Have a degree in Islamic Law or its equivalent from a recognized University Institution;
- ii. Professes the Muslim religion and possesses knowledge of the Muslim law applicable to any sect of Muslims;
- iii. Have ability to effectively communicate in English, Kiswahili and Arabic language;
- iv. Be of good conduct in accordance with the Islamic faith; and
- v. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Core Competencies:
- i. Oral & Written Communication Skills
- ii. Excellent Conceptual & Analytical Skills
- iii. Interpersonal Skills
- iv. Report Writing Skills
- v. Research Skills
- vi. High attention to detail
- vii. Sound independent judgement
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve:
- (i) Arbitration of disputes on inheritance, marriage and divorce in Muslim families;
- (ii) Solemnizing and registering Muslim marriages;
- (iii) Supervising pronunciation of Muslim divorces and registering them;
- (iv) Signing of affidavits, declarations and agreements;
- (v) Translating Arabic related documents;
- (vi) Supervising the registries under him in consultation with the Magistrate in-charge; and
- (vii) Keeping records of all arbitrations and submitting returns of registered marriages and divorces to the Chief Kadhi.
- (viii) Carrying out wide range of administrative functions for those heading Kadhis’ Court Station.
-HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: -
- 1.Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: https: - -www.jsc.go.ke -index.php -careers -. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: - - (a)A letter of application; - (b)A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees; - (c)Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference; - (d)Copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents; - (e)Copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts; - (f)Applicant’s one (1) recent coloured passport size photograph - (g)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews;
- Successful candidate will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies before appointment:
- •Kenya Revenue Authority
- •Higher Education Loans Board
- •Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- •Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- •A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- •Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies. - The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 3RD FEBRUARY, 2023 AT 5.00PM
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
- THE SECRETARY
- JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
- P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI
- Telephone: +254 20-2739180
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Commission Offices: CBK Pensions Towers, 13th Floor, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured