Job Location: Ngong
Emmanuel Treatment and Resource Center is a Rehabilitation Center that is involved in the care of persons with Substance Use Disorder (SUD) seeking help to regain sobriety. It is seeking for an outstanding candidate who is dynamic and result oriented to fill the position of a Residential Counselor in its center. This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide treatment for both alcohol and substance misuse.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities will be as follows:
• Maintains accurate clinical documentation including intake summaries, SOAP notes, discharge summaries reports treatment plans and updates.
• Coordinates substance abuse program using different counseling methods plus principles of the “Twelve Steps” system. Schedules intakes, group and individual therapies.
• Discusses specific cases with program officer to determine if they are appropriate for substance misuse treatment.
• Facilitates psycho-educational/behavior modification through group and individual therapy.
• Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned client.
• Meets regularly with clients and documents clients’ progress or regress
• Identifies problem areas that may impact client's ability to successfully complete treatment. Guides clients to develop strategies to overcome obstacles to successful completion of treatment.
• Maintains timely advice to significant others on progress regularly and at completion of treatment.
• Ensures that client's records are accurately completed in a timely manner. .
• Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance misuse program.
• Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
• Maintains a collegial relationship with other clinical professionals, programs, and associations.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the departmental head and other supervisors.
• Diploma in Addiction Counseling from an accredited college or university with an experience of 3years and above of active practice.
• Preference given to experience in a rehabilitation setting.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be clean and sober.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Interested candidates to send a written application and attaching copies of credentials indicating the position applied for to Human Resource.
Closing date being Sept 28th 2020.