Division/ Department: Commercial Gases
Supervisor: General Manager – Commercial Gases
Location/ Station: Kisumu
To champion customer acquisition with the aim of increasing market share and profitability. To maintain the Company’s existing customer base providing excellent customer service and demonstrating the very best of our corporate values.
Background and Scope
The individual is responsible for finding and engaging with new customers through referrals, networking, and cold calling. S/He will maintain relationships with their existing customer base through office visits, meetings, check-up calls, or follow-up emails. S/He will conduct market research and provide insights and recommendations to management for their approval.
General Manager- Commercial Gases
• Conduct weekly and monthly price survey’s providing management with insights into pricing strategies currently being employed by competitors.
• Undertake research into sales strategies and unique selling points being used by competitors and provide management with suggestions on how to counter or match these strategies.
• Mapping specified territory and developing sales and marketing strategies to be used to acquire customers.
• Engagement with potential customers through cold-calling, customer visits and company presentations.
• Provide accurate sales forecasts, report on sales activities and customer engagements to management on a daily basis.
• Meet weekly and monthly targets for new customer accounts.
• Where applicable, coordinate sales efforts with other team members, identifying opportunities for cross-selling with other business units.
• Maintain a minimum 95% customer retention rate with a focus on continued monthly engagement against the specified territories master client list
• Ensure existing customers have their needs met, obtaining orders, planning for deliveries.
• Follow-up on invoices due and ensure that all customer statements are accurate and up to date.
• Resolve customer complaints by:
o investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports on this and making recommendations to management and,
o Regularly update the customer complaint register ensuring that all issues raised are addressed and closed in accordance with the company’s customer service policy.
• Suggest relevant and applicable upsells to customers with the goal of providing long-term value.
• Developing and maintaining a master list of customers, with key contacts, alternative contacts, location, status and other pertinent details for their respective areas of operation.
• Meet weekly and monthly sales quotas for product sales to existing customers.
• Keep abreast of best practices and developments in the oil and gas industry
• Actively participate in industry events when requested by management and report back on new developments.