The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in accounting, tax laws and regulations, experience managing tax compliance, and a passion for providing exceptional tax planning, analysis, computations, and advice.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Applicants must demonstrate the knowledge required.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and ample opportunities for internal growth. We are proud to be an equal opportunity company and invite applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Objectives of this role
- To develop and maintain electronic tax registers.
- To assist in following up with the tax authorities for tax refunds including VAT.
- To assist and oversee the filing of regular tax returns, including income tax, VAT, and other direct or indirect taxes.
- To assist the Group Chief Accountant in the coordination of the filings, tax audits, inquiries, and notices from tax authorities as the need arises.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of taxes to provide expert advice on tax planning and optimization opportunities to ensure compliance with Kenyan tax laws and regulations.
- Maintain documentation and records related to tax filings, provisions, and other tax-related activities.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams, to ensure alignment and coordination on tax matters that may impact business decisions and transactions.
- Tax computations as required
Required skills and qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting, taxation, or a related field.
- Professional qualification of Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in tax and accounting environment.
- Strong understanding of tax planning strategies, corporation, and indirect taxes.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) softwares.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.