VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 70 million people in Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to join the Global Technical Team as the Senior Manager, Global Telehealth Community of Practice. The Global Telehealth Community of Practice (GTCoP) provides a forum for collaboration, knowledge sharing, peer support, and networking. The objective is to drive the development of national telehealth platforms, provide access to telehealth guidance and best practices, advocate for telehealth policies, and address challenges in the telehealth ecosystem.
The Senior Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping and driving the strategic vision for the establishment and growth of a robust telehealth community of practice on a global scale. This individual will provide leadership, direction, and expert guidance to create a thriving ecosystem of healthcare professionals, technologists, policymakers, and other stakeholders invested in advancing telehealth initiatives worldwide. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, excellent in written and verbal communication, and capable of seeding and managing strategic partnerships. This is a remote working position with the individual ideally residing in and eligible to work in a location where VillageReach has an established staff presence: the USA, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa or Cote dâIvoire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
1. Strategic Planning and Leadership:Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan to establish, nurture, expand and mobilize financial and technical resources for the GTCoP, in close collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and its collaborating center, Geneva Digital Health Hub (GDHUB). This strategy should be co-created to ensure it aligns seamlessly with the global objective, leveraging the expertise and resources (such as implementome community management platform) of both WHO and GDHUB to foster a unified approach in digital health initiatives. Provide visionary leadership and articulate a clear mission, goals, and objectives aligned with the GTCoPâs broader telehealth strategy. Actively engage in the central team established by GDHUB to harmonize the management strategies for Telehealth-related Communities of Practice (CoPs) globally.
2. Community Building and Engagement:Create and implement strategies to attract, engage, and retain a diverse network of telehealth professionals, fostering a collaborative environment for knowledge sharing and best practices. Cultivate relationships with key industry stakeholders, thought leaders, and organizations to enhance the community's reach and impact. Implement initiatives to ensure diversity in the community, aiming to include a range of perspectives from various sectors, geographic regions, and cultural backgrounds.
3. Content Development and Knowledge Sharing:Oversee the administrative management of the CoP including community management, event coordination and facilitation and online platform management. Oversee the creation and curation of relevant content, resources, and educational materials to support the community's members. Establish platforms, events, and forums to facilitate the exchange of ideas, case studies, and innovations in telehealth.
4. Collaboration and Partnership:Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners to leverage expertise and resources for the advancement of telehealth initiatives. Identify and foster strategic partnerships that amplify the community's influence and drive forward its objectives.
5. Performance Evaluation and Growth:Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the community's impact and growth. Regularly assess the effectiveness of community initiatives and strategies, making data-driven adjustments as necessary.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in oneâs role.Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in oneâs approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of oneâs own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position will supervise the GTCoP Senior Officer.
Education & Experience:Advanced degree in healthcare administration, public health, business administration, or related field. Extensive experience (7-10 years) in healthcare, telehealth, or community development roles, with a proven track record of successful leadership and strategic planning. Strong understanding of telehealth technologies, healthcare policy and advocacy, and global healthcare landscapes. Ability to inspire and mobilize diverse stakeholders towards a shared vision. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills for networking with international staff, community members, and partners. Fearless in embracing relevant technology including demonstrated ability to easily adopt new tools and processes. Experience with basic financial modeling, forecasting, and scenario building.
Other Qualifications:Comply with VillageReachâs COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires full vaccination for in-person work or travel. Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups. Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus. Fluency in verbal and written English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese will be an added advantage. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
Environment and Physical Demands:
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our USA office and our Country Offices and the location of other global staff, US-based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6 am. In addition, our Regional Africa-based staff and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6 pm.
Applicants must be comfortable working outside of a physical office and using remote communication channels (MS Teams, Zoom, WhatsApp) to perform their duties.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most under-reached and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.