DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
2. Senior Quantity Survey Assistant, Job Group L (2 Posts)
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have:
• Served in the grade of Quantity Survey Assistant I or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/Private Sector for at least three (3) years;
• Diploma or a Technician Certificate Part III in the field of Quantity Surveying, Building/Civil Engineering, or its equivalent and relevant qualifications from a recognized institution;
• Ability to employ computer knowledge and skills in work assignments; and
• Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Squaring dimensions and abstracting for preparation of bills of quantities and specifications;
• Site measurements and preparation of interim payment certificates and final accounts;
• Control of specialized units relating to fees, pre-contract documentation, contract documentation and maintenance of contract records;
• Cost control, variation orders and assist in the audit of final accounts relating to contracts
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300