DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
6. Structural Assistant I, Job Group K (1 Post)
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have:
• Served in the grade of Structural Assistant II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/Private Sector for at least three (3) years;
• Diploma in Civil Engineering or Building or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Construction Technician Certificate Part III or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Ability to employ computer knowledge and skills in work assignments; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of structural and civil works drawings including detailing of steel and concrete structures;
• Preparation of layouts and details of drainage schemes, roads and paved areas;
• Production of bending schedules;
• Design under the guidance of a more experienced officer;
• Preparation of scheme drawings and details pertaining to the design of sewerage disposal systems, paved areas and allied Engineering Structures;
• Carrying out survey and levelling related to drainage work; and
• Structural/civil work supervisor for construction sites.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300