DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
Supply Chain Management Officer 1 JG ‘K’ (1 Post)
The SCMO 1 shall report to the County Director Supply Chain Management and shall be responsible for implementing procurement processes in the county government.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
• Assist the DSCM in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
• Routing, copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
• Researching on pricing, obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
• Assist in coordination of the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and distribution of contract documents accordingly.
• Assist in management of the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract.
• Preparation of management information and statistical reports;
• Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the goods/services needed.
• Coordinate with departments and make sure the right goods/ services are acquired.
• Provide purchased goods/services to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
• Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
• Perform other duties related to the field as assigned by the DSCM.
• Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
• A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
• Good understanding of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations thereof.
• Familiar with IFMIS – E-procurement system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
• Master’s degree in the relevant field shall be an added advantage.
• 5+Years of related experience and/or training
• Must be a member of the Institute of Supplies Management of Kenya.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300