Below are the responsibilities, requirements and skills.
Accounts Assistant responsibilities
• Assist with data entry, processing and updating of financial information in the accounting system.
• Processing of sales orders for approval
• Ensure timely follow up and payment of debts
• Prepare invoices and staff reimbursement for payment and processing
• Reconcile and analyze customer and supplier accounts and identify discrepancies
• Maintain soft and physical financial records
• Participate in annual audit activities
• Assisting the finance department and senior staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statement.
• Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
• Maintain confidentiality of all financial data
• Assist the financial department with any other duties as needed
To be a successful accounts assistant you must have
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or related field.
• CPA certification will be an added advantage
• 1-2 years’ experience in finance and related fields
• Experience in restaurant accounting will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
• Strong bookkeeping skills
• Proficiency in use of accounting software’s
• Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting principles
• Thorough with attention to detail
• Committed to working efficiently and accurately
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team on assigned duties