They will be responsible for:
• Managing the crop planting to harvesting cycle
• Planning and supervising the day to day farming operations/activities.
• Developing and implementing a program for each activity (Herbicides, foliar, fertilizers, seeds planting)
• Developing and implementing a program for Crop Rotation
• Scheduling the planting cycle and keeping a record of the seed type/generation for each parcel of land.
• Labelling the seeds and ensuring proper storage of the seeds
• Evaluating and improving the seed quality
• Developing a seed production/breeding program
• Developing methods for protecting the crops from weeds, pests, extreme weather and harsh climates.
• Implementing efficient farming practices that will maximize crop production from a given acreage.
• Developing the best methods for increasing the quality and production of the crop
• Planning effective utilization of the farm inputs and farm labour
• Continuously upskilling to gain extensive knowledge of the crop, latest trends and new scientific developments so as to keep improving the farm operations and the next generation of crop
Salary is KSH 25,000 per month
Location is Narok/Naivasha