We are hiring a qualified Ophthalmic Clinical Officer/Ophthalmic Nurse to be our Field Officer based in Karatina, Embu or the surrounding areas. You must have a track record as a field officer for B2B business, be very with people, training and sales. Your role will be to support the distributors of our eyecare products.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Are you someone who likes “innovation”, “scaleups” and “challenging”? Well, we are looking for someone to join us in our as we grow our brand and impact globally.
Our purpose is to make basic eye care affordable and accessible to everyone.
Globally, 1 billion people need, yet cannot access, corrective eyeglasses; making it the largest unmet disability in the world. In Kenya, 7.5 million people need eyecare, yet only 1.6 million can visit an eyecare provider. This results in over 75% of cases of vision impairment being preventable. This is made worse as even low-quality glasses are expensive, costing more than KES 3,000.
This has a huge impact on people’s lives. Vision is our most dominant sense. Without glasses it is challenging to earn an income, learn or live a quality life. It also hinders all development agendas governments and agencies may have. A student without glasses is 3x more likely to fall behind! Simply wearing glasses improves incomes by 18%, means people do not rely on others for daily tasks - which reduces exposure to financial theft and fraud.
Our solution is a revolutionary, award winning, design of eyeglasses frame and testing process that can be done without a vision care specialist. DOT Glasses distributors can provide eyeglasses for only KES 600 – 900 KES. The testing and assembly for each client is done instantly within 5 minutes. The glasses are sold through a diverse network of distribution partners in 6+ countries.
DOT Glasses is transitioning from start-up to scale up and looking for an experienced person to join our team and help guide our growth.
What we are looking for from you
As the Central Kenya Field Officer your role will be to:
• To monitor, support and maintain customer relationships and execute marketing strategies.
• Training, monitoring and supporting distributors and ensuring they maintain a healthy connection with DOT Glasses.
• Support distributors to improve their sales and set up more distribution points.
• Support the ordering process, where required, including processing orders, and ensuring accurate and timely delivery of products.
• Champion the DOT Glasses brand in all interactions with stakeholders internal and external
• Stay informed about the features and benefits of DOT Glasses products to effectively communicate with customers and address their inquiries.
• Monitor and keep the CRM tools up to date, including the DOT Glasses apps.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing, sales and account management, operations and product development, to inform organizational strategies and achieve overall business objectives.
This job might be for you, if you:
• Are a person with a passion for supporting people and organisations to grow.
• Enjoy solving problems and finding solutions.
• Would like to revolutionise an industry and provide eyecare to those left out.
• Like to travel and meet amazing people!
• Are looking to develop and challenge yourself in a fast-growing scale up environment.
• Take the initiative and can work independently.
And, are someone who:
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in B2B and B2C sales, account management, community mobilisation and commercial field operations.
• Qualified Ophthalmic Clinical Officer, Ophthalmic Nurse, Optical technician or other related field.
• Proven effective trainer.
• Understanding of rural community cultures and barriers.
• Stakeholder engagement/management at different levels.
Does this sound like the job for you? Send us your CV and a one-page cover letter. Explain why you want to work for DOT Glasses and what makes you ideal for this role and DOT Glasses.
If this is not for you perhaps you know someone who this is perfect for. Please send them this job description. Thanks!
Deadline: 29th February 2024 (application review begins before the deadline)
Location: Karatina or Embu, Kenya Gross salary: 45,000-60,000 Kshs pm
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.