The Chief Communication Officer role will spearhead Spark’s version two brand update process and be a trusted advisor, thought leader, and communicator, shaping Spark’s brand narrative and strengthening the organization's ability to drive consistent impact in the world.
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 10 years
1. Brand Management and Development: Enhance and protect the organization's brand identity. This includes completing the second stage of a rebrand process, and thereafter ensuring consistent messaging across all platforms, managing the organization's public image, and developing branding materials that resonate with donors, partners and communities served.
a. Brand refresh: Complete the stage two rebrand for the organization, inclusive of naming, visual ID, core language and implementation across all visual and web assets.
b. Internal Brand Alignment and Training: Ensure that all employees and board members represent and advocate for the brand as per the branding process, to ensure consistent messaging and representation across all levels of the organization.
2. Strategic Marketing Plan: Develop and implement a live marketing and thought leadership strategy to progress Spark’s brand recognition and strength as a leader in effective philanthropy and global development amongst key future partners, such as philanthropists, governments, and the x-laterals.
a. Develop and refine a live strategy for marketing Spark’s brand, and $100MM round.
b. Brand around ideas the organization’s work speaks to, such as through ghost and/or co- writing op-eds and possible social media threads.
c. Engage with stakeholders to understand and advise the organization on donor trends, language, and strategic positioning for Spark's FCAP system.
d. Collaborate with the data team, program teams and design team to understand Spark’s impact and work, and translate that into effective external communications.
3. Professional Communications Function: Support and maintain a professional communications function internally that delivers on reports, proposals, and collateral on a timely basis and with high quality leading to renewals and donor success.
a. Manage communications officer.
b. Hire a communications manager based in East Africa, Ghana or Malawi, and additional staff as needed.
c. Support Board and external stakeholder material reviews for consistency, and ease in comprehension.
d. Support internal communications associate(s) to ensure effective communication within the organization. Develop internal communication policies, manage internal channels (like newsletters, intranets, or staff meetings), and ensure that employees are informed and engaged with the organization's mission and activities.
4. Ad-hoc: Support strategic projects that emerge on an ad-hoc basis.
● A minimum of 10 years of work experience in brand building and/or marketing.
● Excellent written communication is required along with an ability to break down complex arguments into easy-to-understand language.
● Enthusiasm for making village grants and facilitation of the new norm of development financing.
● Succeeds in a collaborative community environment with a diverse group of staff.
● Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
● Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa preferred.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda; Kampala, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya; Lilongwe, Malawi; Accra, Ghana; USA; or remote
Start Date: As soon as possible
Probation period: Three months probation period with learning and performance objectives
Application closing Date: TBD
follow the link to apply: https://sparkmicrogrants.bamboohr.com/careers/85
WHY WORK WITH US?
● You will play a critical role in shifting the way global development works, opening opportunities for thousands of villages to drive local change.
● You will be joining a dynamic team that hails from ten countries around the world and is committed to our vision.
● You will have the freedom and autonomy to make your role your own. We want to hear your innovative ideas, your vision for the future, and your critical questions.
● You will join an entrepreneurial organization that is in a growth spurt.
● In addition to salary, Spark offers other benefits, including generous paid time off and family leave, monthly communications, and professional development stipends.
Our safeguarding follows a do-no-harm principle. All Spark staff are expected to respect and uphold the safeguarding procedures and principles to minimize harm to stakeholders, program participants, and the environment, in compliance with the World Bank Environmental and Social Framework and Rwandan Legislation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Spark Microgrants provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Spark are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Spark does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Spark will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.