To support the project improve youth employability and attain its goal of increasing employment and earnings opportunities for youth
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Project: The Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP)
Location: 10 Counties across Kenya (Nairobi, Nakuru, Migori, Turkana, Nyandarua, Kilifi, Mandera, Bungoma, Machakos and Wajir )
General Summary and Background
BrighterMonday Kenya in partnership with Creative Management Consultants Ltd is implementing The Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP) under The Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs (MIIYA). KYEOP is a Government of Kenya (GoK) flagship project aiming to address the multiple challenges affecting youth employment using a multi-sectoral approach. With a view to increase employment and earnings opportunities for youth between 16 and 29 years of age, the project seeks to improve youth employability by providing various types of training and employment experience in the form of internships and apprenticeships for youth who are without jobs and have experienced extended spells of unemployment or who are currently working in vulnerable jobs. The partnership aims to impact 3,000 youth from 17 counties in Kenya, by matching them with internship/apprenticeships and job opportunities, while supporting employers across various target sectors with the right talent.
Africa’s solution to bridging the talent gap.
To support the project improve youth employability and attain its goal of increasing employment and earnings opportunities for youth, the County Mobilizer shall:-
Reporting to Project Leads
What You'll be doing
• Identify and engage with potential employers in the specified sectors for trainees to gain internship or employment opportunities within the county of operation
• In collaboration with youth officers, identify and map out candidates within the county who have completed training under KYEOP’s competency-based training and match them with potential employers for internships or apprenticeship
• Provide support to candidates who have completed internships or apprenticeships and transition them into employment within the county.
• Build and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including county government officials, local businesses and business owners, training institutions, youth groups etc. for successful project implementation.
• Lead in work plan development, coordination and implementation of all the project’ activities within the county
• Track and provide accurate and timely weekly reports on the project’s progress indicating project performance
• Promote the project by providing substantive input for stories, articles and other PR activities in consultation with the Project Lead and the Marketing Team
• Perform other duties as required
• Diploma in Community Development, Social sciences, or other relevant areas
• 3 years of relevant experience, including 2 years of practical experience in a field related to community mobilization, youth empowerment or a related field
• Experience in community development and civic engagement is essential
• Previous relevant experience with technical assistance or development projects would be an asset
• Sound knowledge of the county of operation, local community development principles, trends, and policies in Kenya
• Strong communication skills - both oral and written. Preference to candidates who can speak and understand the local language.
• Reporting and presentation skills
• Planning, organizing and mobilizing skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured