• Remuneration is commission based, so you will earn a commission earned on new tenants gained by yourself.
• You will be based in Kisumu, Kenya.
• You will be dedicated to this role i.e. on a full-time basis, on the understanding that this assignment requires your 100% focus, and you are able to achieve the task of filling the units.
• The successful candidate is an individual who is a go-getter, with outstanding marketing and sales skills with the ability to ensure that the set sales targets are met.
• You will work closely with the owner to develop the sales strategy and lead lists.
• You are a problem solver, who likes challenges and is able to overcome obstacles to meet the sales targets.
• There is NO RETAINER/MONTHLY SALARY for this role. Therefore, if you understand that remuneration is based on COMMISSIONS ONLY, then this role is for you.
• Both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Close the sale. (80%)
• Close the tenant sale and achieve the set sales target.
• Obtain signed agreements and deposits.
Contacts Prospective Tenants. (10%)
• Contact prospective tenants and schedule site visits.
• Go out into the market, make contacts, make sales visits to prospective customers/tenants in the list, and in the area.
• Respond to enquiries and schedule site visits.
• Close follow up on every prospective tenant.
Generate Sales List. (10%)
• Develop a list of potential tenants and their contacts.
• Obtain referrals, and do close followup.
• Ensure the sales meeting schedule is drawn up & met.
Reporting and Feedback:
• Provide daily updates and reports (on closed sales, scheduled sales meetings and performance to date).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS.
• Diploma level. (However, strong candidate with right attitude with excellent secondary school results in Mathematics and English is also acceptable.)
• 28 years and older.
• Ability to write and type on MSWord and MSExcel are A MUST. Please DO NOT apply if you don't have working computer skills in this area. Internet and digital skills are a plus.
• Due to nature of job, must be living in Kisumu for the period worked.
• Good networks to facilitate finding of new tenants.
• Good people skills, down to earth and excellent attitude.
• Someone who understands that their income is directly related to tenant occupation and tenants brought in by themselves e.g. you will not earn a commission if the tenant is brought in by someone else.
• Excellent communication skills, you are someone who is always available to be contacted by phone etc.
• Self-driven, results-oriented person with a positive outlook, motivated by commissions.
• Proven sales experience.
• Established network in the industry is a plus.
• Reporting and budgeting/accounting ability is a must.
• Someone who can be trusted. Honesty, Loyalty and Integrity is a must.
2. 2 references – preferably from landlords you have previously worked with as character and work references.
3. Education certificates