Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, FISHERIES, LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT & IRRIGATION.
2. Director — Agriculture and Irrigation ~ KSM/CPSB/28/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities: ~
• Organization, direction, control and co-ordination of the functions of the Directorate, Interpreting and application of national irrigation and agricultural laws and other related statutes in line with the county goals and objectives;
• Management of the training function in liaison with other agricultural training institutions;
• Provide technical guidance in performing design work and scientific calculation of irrigation and agriculture;
• Assess, design and oversee construction irrigation project and distribution of water to agricultural lands;
• Provision of technical guidance in land and water management or soil conservation
• Farm management and agribusiness development;
• Monitoring and reporting of food in the county in liaison with other relevant organization in the county;
• Ensuring strict compliance with all financial budgetary and procurement procedure;
• Co-ordination of production, documentation and dissemination of irrigation and agricultural information;
• Provide advice and guidance on staff development;
• Promotes and maintain working relation with relevant government ministries, research institutions, private sector, donors and civil society;
• Developing appropriate county irrigation and agricultural policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of the ministry;
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years;
• Development, implementation and evaluation of irrigation and agricultural strategic plans, programmed and projects in collaborations with other ministries and stakeholders; ;
• Handling, administrative human resource and assets management issues;
• Oversee preparation of annual work plans and financial budgets;
• Planning and supervision of agricultural extension programmes and activities;
• Ensure effective operation of extension services;
• Promotion and maintenance of extension and research linkages;
• Perform other duties that may be assigned from to time
• Bachelors of sciences degree in any of the following disciplines: Agriculture, dry land farming, horticultural, agricultural economics, agricultural extension, Water and Irrigation, Agricultural Engineering, Water and Soil Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of agricultural management services.
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in agricultural services management of not less than seven (7) years, three (3) of which must be at a
• senor managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Master degree in any of the following fields: food science, agriculture home economics, agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, soil & water conservation, agribusiness, agricultural extension, agricultural education, or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Demonstrated high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and result;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured