Managing and coordinating the activities of the Directorate of Legal Services
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:15 years
-For appointment to this grade, an applicant must have:
- i.A Master’s degree in Law or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- ii.A Bachelor’s degree in Law or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- iii.A Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- iv.Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of fifteen (15) years standing;
- v.Member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- vi.Attended a Course in Strategic Leadership and Development or its equivalent; and,
- vii.Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
- Work Experience:
- i.Minimum fifteen (15) Years relevant work experience in a Legal Environment;
- ii.At least five (5) Years at Senior Management Level;
- iii.Prior experience working on legal matters including but not limited to judicial reforms, legislative drafting, legal research and analysis will be added advantage.
- Core Competencies:
- i.Strategic Leadership & Good Interpersonal Skills;
- ii.Excellent Communication skills - Verbal and Written;
- iii.Analytical & Negotiation Skills;
- iv.Organizational and planning skills;
- v.Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- vi.Rational Decision Making Skills;
- vii.Time Management and the ability to prioritize work; and
- viii.Research and Data Management Skills
Duties and Responsibilities
-This is the highest grade in the cadre. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- 1.Managing and coordinating the activities of the Directorate of Legal Services;
- 2.Conducting research on relevant laws and preparing measures to implement policy decisions of the Commission;
- 3.Ensuring that the Commission complies with all applicable laws, regulations and laid down procedures;
- 4.Continuously update the Commission on any changes in the law;
- 5.Reviewing draft policies of the Commission to ensure that they are in compliance with the law;
- 6.Undertaking internal legal compliance audits and ensuring recommendations are disseminated and implemented;
- 7.Representing the Commission on court cases instituted by or against the Commission;
- 8.Preparing litigation documents; pleadings, notices, affidavits and correspondence;
- 9.Co-ordinating engagement with external Counsel and attending Court;
- 10.Developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies to sustain valuable stakeholder relationships;
- 11.Supporting the Commission in the oversight of case management system;
- 12.Providing strategic direction, leadership, mentorship and management of Directorate Staff;
- 13.Advisory to the Commission and management on legal issues; and
- 14.Ensure proper utilization of Directorate Finances.
-HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: -
- 1.Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: https: - -www.jsc.go.ke -index.php -careers -. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: - - (a)A letter of application; - (b)A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees; - (c)Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference; - (d)Copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents; - (e)Copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts; - (f)Applicant’s one (1) recent coloured passport size photograph - (g)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews;
- Successful candidate will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies before appointment:
- •Kenya Revenue Authority
- •Higher Education Loans Board
- •Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- •Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- •A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- •Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies. - The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 3RD FEBRUARY, 2023 AT 5.00PM
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
- THE SECRETARY
- JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
- P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI
- Telephone: +254 20-2739180
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commission Offices: CBK Pensions Towers, 13th Floor, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured