The Assistant Food and beverage manager will be responsible for managing all Food & Beverage operations & delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate should be able to forecast, plan and manage all Food & Beverage duties and staff. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through guest satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
• Strong leadership and management skills to effectively lead and motivate a diverse team of staff.
• Ability to provide clear direction, set expectations, and foster a positive work environment.
Customer Service Orientation:
• A focus on delivering excellent customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction, whilst handling customer complaints and feedback.
• Budgeting and financial management skills to control costs, maximize revenue, and achieve profitability targets.
• Knowledge of pricing strategies, cost control measures, and financial reporting.
• To ensure stock levels are maintained to an adequate standard to support the needs of the department and venue at all times.
Menu Development and Planning:
• Skill in menu planning, development and execution to ensure a diverse and appealing selection.
• Understanding of market trends, dietary preferences, and food safety standards (HACCP)
• Ability to negotiate with and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors.
• Knowledge of sourcing quality ingredients and products at competitive prices.
• Understanding of and compliance with health and safety regulations, food handling guidelines, and other relevant industry standards.
• Ability to articulate ideas, policies and procedures clearly and professionally.
• To ensure that all day to day amendments in respect of catering are communicated to the relevant teams.
• To work together with the General Manager and Head of Departments to identify areas of concern through the evaluation process and provide the appropriate action plans, follow ups if necessary.
Adaptability and Problem Solving:
• The capability to adapt to changing situations and solve problems efficiently.
• Quick decision-making skills and the ability to handle unexpected challenges.
• To be able to work under pressure effectively.
• Familiarity with point-of-sale (POS) systems, inventory management software, and other relevant technology tools used in F&B operations.
Networking and Relationship Building:
• Strong networking skills to build and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry professionals.
• To conduct quality and standard checks every staff shift around the restaurant.
• To have presence in the Restaurant/pool areas to ensure that the catering standards are met and are running in accordance with the booking schedule and all clients requirements are met and exceeded.
• Ensuring staff are well versed with the current menu and promotional offers, with the staff upselling.
• Be environmentally aware.
Education and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration, or a related field
• Relevant certifications or training in food safety and sanitation, alcohol service, and Food & Beverage Certification.
• 5+ years or progressive experience in the food and beverage industry, including roles with increasing responsibility.
• Experience in various aspects of F&B operations, such as restaurant management, banquet services and catering, time management and staff management.
• Proficient in Micros and Materials control system
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.