Location : Kajiado.
Reports to : Team Leader, Dredges
Supervises : Assistant Technician.
a. Ensure a safe working environment for self and all other staff.
a. Ensure availability of the dredgers for optimal plant run.
b. Minimize downtime of the dredgers by ensuring quality work is done always.
3. COST CONTROL
a. Work within the set budget and assist reduce maintenance costs to the minimum.
b. Ensure all spare parts are used as required, and minimize wastage.
c. Ensure that no dead stock lay at the stores and any ordered parts are needed and necessary. No overstocking.
4. GROWTH AND SKILLS IMPROVEMENT
a. Improve the basic skills of the technician working under him.
b. To help identify skills and talents in the team members and help nurture them.
c. Incubation of ideas and innovations geared towards making work easier and improve productivity.
a. Liaise with the central store to ensure the necessary and important spares are available all the time.
b. Inspect any incoming spares in stores and on time. Advice in cases of non-conformance
Education Background & Skills.
1. Diploma in Mechanical engineering from a recognized institution.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in hydraulics trouble shooting and repair works.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Must be computer literate.
5. A team player.
6. Good organization skills; ability to schedule, organize and execute own plans in line with rules and processes in the organization.
7. Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision.