Seeking an exceptional payroll and taxes professional with 2+ years of experience to coordinate data accuracy, statutory compliance and enhance our processes to achieve operational excellence.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 3 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The purpose of the Payroll & Taxes Specialist role at One Acre Fund is to ensure efficient coordination of payroll processing and tax compliance. You will focus on maintaining data accuracy, adhering to regulatory requirements, and enhancing payroll processes to achieve operational excellence. You'll maintain payroll software, coordinate payroll processing in 10 countries and build the capacity of a team of 10+ payroll administrators across Africa. You will report to the HR Operations Manager on the Global HR team.
Country payroll coordination
- Knowledge management - design end-to-end payroll process and guide for program country JL1-8 payroll, transfer knowledge through training, maintain a repository of the SOPs
- Troubleshoot systems and tools used to process payroll and enhance them to make sure they’re relevant to current business practices
- Meet with country payroll leads weekly to monitor compliance with the payroll calendar and process, and provide them with technical support on payroll software and tools
Taxes and Statutory Compliance
- Complete monthly tax processing submission for 2 countries and oversee tax submission in 3-4 other countries
- Further systematize and automate tax submissions wherever this is difficult
- Support with resolution of historical compliance challenges and internal and external audits
- Test tax and pay system configuration for 5/10 countries monthly
- Understand generally how taxes are submitted in all countries and provide temporary cover for tax submission (when needed) for remaining program countries
Technical ownership and maintenance of pay and taxes systems
- Payroll software (Sage 300 People) and service providers
- Helpdesk support - Zendesk and Jira
- Revenue authorities and statutory fund management institutions
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Advanced System Fluency: Proficient in excel (can perform complex functions) on Google Sheets or MS Excel payroll software, and HR databases, with an advantage if experienced in Sage 300 People, Sage VIP Premier, and SuccessFactors.
- Tax submission platforms relevant to the One Acre Fund program countries
- Understanding of tax and labor laws, and a pulse on developments in tax regulations in One Acre Fund program countries
- Understanding of data privacy principles
- 2+ years experience as a Finance, payroll or HR information system administrator
- 2+ years experience with payroll software such as Sage VIP and Sage 300 People
- 2+ years experience with Google Sheets or MS Excel functions and formulae, and ability to demo
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya or Zomba, Blantyre, Malawi
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya, Rwanda or Malawi
08 April 2024
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.