Software & Data
5+ years experience working as a product manager.
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with US time zones for at least 10 hours/week.
Why this job is exciting
We are creating a machine learning team at Sourcegraph, aimed at creating the most powerful coding assistant in the world. Many companies are trying, but Sourcegraph is uniquely differentiated by our rich code intelligence data and powerful code search platform. In the world of prompting LLMs, context is everything, and Sourcegraph’s context is simply the best you can get: IDE-quality, global-scale, and served lightning fast. We are oftentimes the only tool which has indexed all of a company's code across all teams and systems, which gives us a huge advantage. Our code intelligence, married with modern AI, is already providing a remarkable alpha experience, and you can help us unlock its full potential.
We are looking for a deeply technical Product Manager with an engineering background who is versed in search, code intelligence, and AI. And if you happen to have an entrepreneurial streak, you’re in luck: we have an enterprise distribution pipeline, so whatever you build can be deployed straight to enterprise customers with some of the largest code bases in the world, without all the go-to-market hassle you’d encounter in a startup.
Within one month, you will…
- Ramp up on search, code intel, code exploration, and AI
- Meet the teams you will be supporting and get familiar with our product, platform, and AI assistant
Within three months, you will…
- Launch a new feature which adds meaningful value to end users
- Defined a vision for how code intelligence and LLMs can work together
Within six months, you will…
- Be fully ramped up and owning key pieces of Sourcegraph’s AI strategy
- Be ramped up on other relevant parts of the Sourcegraph product
- Launch the world’s best coding assistant
You are a deeply technical Product Manager, well-versed in deep learning, with a dev tools background and passion for bringing modern AI to improve the developer experience. You have experience in search, code intelligence, and AI. You have been a Product Manager for IDEs, compilers, Visual Studio, or .NET, and come from an engineering background. You empathize with developers and understand why dev tooling is sorely needed. You have experience working with research and design to deliver world class user experiences.You can hold an engineering organization accountable for their decisions. You set strategy and direction based on your deep knowledge of the product, platform, and our customer.
As a Product Manager, you tell the story behind the why of your product area. Through this, you influence, excite, and align folks within your team, and across the organization about what your team is working on. You are organized and provide clarity across the organization and within your team to help provide focus. You are constantly curious - wanting to understand and dig into the data and why behind pain points and problems that our users are facing. You can identify root causes of pain. You’re empathetic - you bring the voice of the user into every conversation, and hold empathy and understanding for your teammates to align on a solution that is right.
- 5+ years experience working as a product manager.
- 2+ years experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience in search, code intelligence, and AI.
- Exceptional understanding of Git and/or source control systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments.
- Experience working with customers to understand their needs and design thoughtful solutions.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work.
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering and design.
Nice to haves:
- You enjoy writing code and can actively contribute to our code base.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured