Seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of experience in a leading role handling customer-facing channels, managing complex projects and coordinating across multiple teams, to lead the Partnership Duka portfolio to hundreds of agro-dealers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The goal of the P-Duka (Partnership Duka) business unit is to provide agro-dealers/agro vets with the inputs, training, and support they need to; 1) increase their market reach, 2) increase the value-add (impact) delivered to their customers (farmers). P-Duka will revolutionize the way farmers access impactful products and services in Kenya, and provide a platform to increase P-Duka's impact and reach.
You will take over the initial P-Duka pilot, and use these learnings to craft the strategy to substantially grow this business over the next year. You will combine high-level vision and strategy work, day-to-day operations management, and people management to create a highly-scalable business spanning across Kenya and working directly with 100s of agro-dealers.
This is a high-growth potential role as we aim to accelerate the access of One Acre Fund services to customers across the country through these unique partnership models. You will report directly to the Director of Innovation, with high visibility and interaction with C-suite executives.
- You will play a vital role in the development, planning and implementation of the Partnership Duka (P-Duka) growth strategy and use data to drive continuous improvements and iterations.
- You will drive the data strategy, act on the insights and evaluate the effectiveness of the data to support the evolution of the P-duka operational, sales and marketing strategy.
- You will be in charge of driving and improving strategy around customer acquisition & retention and the brand of our P-Duka business unit by leading market research work to identify industry, customer & competitor trends.
- You will manage complex projects aimed at improving customer experience and business unit sustainability.
- You will coordinate across multiple teams and articulate the business unit's vision and expectations to multiple stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and achieve the desired outcome.
- You will directly manage 1-3 direct reports and invest in their professional growth.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and investing in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a leading role handling customer-facing channels, managing complex projects and coordinating across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated success in setting and advancing business/project strategies, including the ability to drive improvements and adoption of those strategies in response to an evolving situation.
- Project management skills, including the ability to gather and use relevant data to support key decisions or judgments to drive desired outcomes. Familiarity with research methods such as human-centred design is a plus.
- Experience in data analysis to assess key outcomes and make data-driven recommendations.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning, feedback, and improvement.
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
- Experience mentoring and supporting others to achieve their professional goals.
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse team culture.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree.
- English is required; Kiswahili is preferred.
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
This role is based in Kakamega, Kenya. You may work up to 25% remotely from another location of your choice within the country.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
30 January 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured