DEPARTMENT OF GENDER, CULTURE YOUTH AND SPORTS
1. Sports Officers Job Group J (5 Posts)
Duties & responsibilities
• The officers shall be deployed at sub county level to manage sporting activities
• Mobilization of residents and youth to participate in sports as a career through talent search, nurturing, development and health management in the sub county
• Coordination of inter-sectorial collaboration programs among stakeholders for sport development.
• Oversee routine running of activities in sports section and compile a report which will be used in evaluating performance of the section.
• Assist in managing and developing convention centres with the aim of improving sports, recreation, promoting sports tourism and developing community sport talent.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must;
• Have a Bachelors’ degree in Sports Science or related fields from a recognised institution
• Be Computer literate
• Have Knowledge of professional standards affecting the area of operation
• Possess Knowledge of relevant legislations in sports administration.
• Have at least three (3) years working experience in a relevant and comparable position.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300