Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Leads the development of organisational capability within the region to deliver production, processing and quality efficiency improvements in accordance with the defined global PPT leads and Crop Strategies.
- Lead a group of scientists/ agronomists /technicians/ project managers to drive continual improvement in multiplication & processing assets
- Supports the development of a global production and processing technology strategy with the global leads that is aligned with the business needs
- Prioritize & resource the Regional Portfolio of Production & Processing Technology Projects, securing delivery of regional projects
- Managing at our Cutting Farms the Phytosanitary activities
- Define target (planning) yield and yield variability and drive operational and productivity improvements in production yields, efficiency and quality through the effective management of field trial programs and the definition of production recipes based on timely and accurate data
- Support the implementation of globally harmonized quality and analytical test methods
- Establish & develop Center of Expertise capabilities defined for the region including providing global support and maintaining governance processes
- Provide “2nd level technical support to multiplication and processing activities; Support multiplication operations in troubleshooting when there has been a significant deviation in either yield , process efficiency or quality
- Conduct regional sourcing and siting evaluations in close collaboration with prod. purch. & R&D
- Establish and lead a career development and succession planning process including strategic recruitment and the development of key talents whilst maintaining the motivation and engagement of the function as a whole.
- Prioritize and align resources through effective integration with adjacent functions, managing resource conflicts and coordinating the annual budget and project processes.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive developments and key technology trends in the Seed & related industries and external technology institutions to ensure that innovations are identified, evaluated and implemented
- Co-Own improvement targets with the assets and deliver technology solutions which add value and result in sustainable solutions
- Ensure full HSE compliance and promote environmentally sustainable solutions
- Member of the Production and Processing Technology leadership team, Asset Manager leadership team
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
- University degree or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or chemical engineering
- Production/ processing technology management role preferably across a range of crops and at a senior level
- Developing and implementing global and regional strategies
- Capability to engineer processes and scale up into commercial production
- Leadership in teambuilding and managing change within a complex, matrix organization and across different functions
- Senior stakeholder influencing and management
- Cross functional and multi-cultural project management
- Expert knowledge of production/ processing technology
- Project/program management across functions
- Ability to catalyse transformation and change in the organisation
- Ability to influence
- Sound analytical and problem solving / solid IT skills
- Balance drive for change with business operational agenda and readiness
- Good Communication skills with all levels of management and internal team
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement skills