Fully qualified Accounting professional (CPA (K), ideally with a related University degree.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Reporting To: Senior Accountant
Industry: Real Estate
Gross Salary: Kshs 60k
Our client in the Real estate is seeking to hire an Accountant who will be responsible for maintaining efficient and accurate accounts in the areas designated to meet the needs of the business and in line with statutory requirements, the company’s financial policies and professional accounting best practices. These will include; company income, expenditure and tax accounts, property rent, service charges, utility and tax accounts, bank reconciliation, asset registration, periodic analysis, and reports.
• Properly recording financial transactions and accurately keying them into the computerized accounting systems.
• Timely, orderly, and effective manual and electronic filing of accounting information and records.
• Assisting with analysis and production of comprehensive statements and reports as required.
• Collaborating cross-functionally with another department i.e. human resources, administration, marketing, sales, and property and facilities management to provide financial insights and support business growth.
• Preparing and maintaining annual management budgets for specific properties.
• Invoicing rent payments, service charges, water bills, electricity bills, and other incomes for properties managed by the company.
• Receiving and reviewing supplier invoices works approval documents, and issuing related payments promptly.
• Ensuring all general ledger accounts are updated promptly and are accurate and reconciled monthly.
• Administering client VAT, WHT, MRI, and processing returns.
• Updating the landlord’s account and transfer of rent payments to their accounts.
• Dealing with daily petty cash transactions and ensuring that reconciliations are completed every week.
• Bank reconciliation for client accounts.
• Updating and regularly issuing individual account statements
• Reporting periodically to the Boards/Committees of the managed properties and attending meetings.
• Undertaking the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in the implementation of audit recommendations.
• Preparing and maintaining the annual company budget.
• Prompt invoicing of company incomes - management fees, sales and letting commissions and advisory fees.
• Timely preparation of monthly cash flows, the company’s payroll, and all associated statutory requirements.
• Administering VAT, WHT, MRI, and processing returns.
• Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations.
• Supporting the procurement of supplies and services and timely payments for the same.
• Dealing with daily petty cash transactions and ensuring that reconciliations are completed weekly.
• Undertaking preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in the implementation of audit recommendations.
• Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts.
• Undertake ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function and other related tasks as might be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Fully qualified Accounting professional (CPA (K), ideally with a related University degree.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an accountant in the Real Estate industry.
• A competent user of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite – especially Excel and Word.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Great interpersonal skills and a strong team player.
• Good organization and administrative skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
• High integrity and excellent attention to detail.
• Articulate and self-confident.
• Professional, optimistic, and, highly motivated.
• Ability to manage assigned tasks proactively and efficiently.
• Adaptable and able to work in an environment of fluctuating workloads.
• Must display a high degree of emotional maturity.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant - Real Estate) before 15th December 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.