DEPARTMENT OF GENDER, CULTURE YOUTH AND SPORTS
5. Bus Driver Job Group E (1 Post)
Duties and responsibilities
The officer in this position shall report to the County Transport Officer.
• Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicles systems
• Maintaining cleanliness of the assigned vehicle
• Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road
• Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure to ensure the vehicle is in good condition
• Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Defensive driving certificate a recognized institution
• Communication skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal Supervision
• At least 3 years’ experience in Public Service.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300