Spark is seeking a Communications Manager skilled in written language to lead external communications and inspire partners to collaborate with Spark. The Communications Manager will work closely with the Director of Development, Chief Marketing Officer, and co-CEOs to define and execute key strategic communications goals. They will produce high-quality content that engages our stakeholder community and builds relevant brand recognition as well as oversee Spark’s social media and website presence. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with exceptional writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
1. Develop external communication materials.
Year One Goal: become fluent in Spark language, develop and disseminate written and visual collateral that strengthens Spark’s market position and prepares Spark for a successful $100MM round.
- Develop quarterly reports, annual reports, impact reports, and other internal reports, as needed. Engage with team members to gain up-to-date information.
- Manage 1+ team members and recruit as needed.
- Manage grants and reports calendar, ensuring on-time and professional submissions.
- Write, edit, and keep updated documents about Spark, our programs, the communities we work in, and community member testimonies.
- Design fundraising documents, including concept notes, proposals, reports, and other documents in Canva or a similar tool.
- Collect and develop compelling impact stories with photos/videos and conduct community member interviews.
- Manage Spark’s e-newsletters and dissemination.
- Support development and design of presentation decks.
- Ensure all materials are aligned with our brand, are compelling, and visually appealing.
2. Online Brand Management:
Year One Goal: Complete website redesign, and develop and implement a cost-effective strategy for Spark’s presence on social media platforms.
- Ensure all online platform engagements are aligned with brand strategy.
- Keep the website updated and fresh with new content. Track and monitor website traffic.
- Strengthen Spark’s social media presence and engagement across platforms. Monitor key performance metrics.
3. Internal Communications.
Year One Goal: Standardize internal reporting that celebrates the great work happening across the organization and the hard things too.
- Quarterly team communications via voice memos and written reports.
- Introduce fun team meeting traditions.
- Support regional communications officers.
4. Ad Hoc.
- Conduct ad-hoc duties, as requested.
- Help identify opportunities that raise awareness, engage followers, and build support for the organization. Potentially draft and support op-eds in collaboration with co-CEOs and partners as opportunities arise.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
● A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in communications, PR, and/or marketing. Nonprofit / NGO experience preferred.
● Excellent written communication and editing skills are required along with an ability to break down complex arguments and present them in a clear and succinct manner to various stakeholders.
● Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with design tools like Canva and AI tools including ChatGPT.
● Detail-oriented, highly organized, and proactive, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● A self-starter who takes ownership of their work.
● Experience working with Google Workspace, Google Analytics, Slack; open to learning other digital and web-based platforms.
● Succeeds in a collaborative community environment with a diverse group of staff.
● Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
● Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa preferred.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda; Kampala, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya; Lilongwe, Malawi; Accra, Ghana; East Coast USA; or remote
Start Date: As soon as possible
Probation period: Three months probation period with learning and performance objectives
Application closing Date: TBD
Follow the link to apply: https://sparkmicrogrants.bamboohr.com/careers/85
WHY WORK WITH US?
● You will play a critical role in shifting the way global development works, opening opportunities for thousands of villages to drive local change.
● You will be joining a dynamic team that hails from ten countries around the world and is committed to our vision.
● You will have the freedom and autonomy to make your role your own. We want to hear your innovative ideas, your vision for the future, and your critical questions.
● You will join an entrepreneurial organization that is in a growth spurt.
● In addition to salary, Spark offers other benefits, including generous paid time off and family leave, monthly communications, and professional development stipends.
Our safeguarding follows a do-no-harm principle. All Spark staff are expected to respect and uphold the safeguarding procedures and principles to minimize harm to stakeholders, program participants, and the environment, in compliance with the World Bank Environmental and Social Framework and Rwandan Legislation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Spark Microgrants provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Spark are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Spark does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Spark will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.