Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
• Analyzing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
• Taking, developing and mounting radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
• Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
• Full mouth scaling, polishing and prophylaxis to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained.
• Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
• Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
• Reducing simple fractures of the jaws.
• Providing patient education on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
• Taking and making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts/models.
• Documenting patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
• Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
• Supervising staff and clinic processes concerning dental department
• Manage the dental department to achieve local and international standards.
• Recommending and ordering dental materials, equipment and instruments ensuring they are cost effective and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
• Keeping up-to-date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records.
• Adherence to the company’s policies on IPC, SOPs, HR, SECURITY etc.
• Ensuring that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain quality assurance in delivery of oral health services.
• Ensuring all procedures are correctly billed to capture revenue.
• Maintaining stock control procedures for the dental services to ensure accountability
• Prepare and submit reports on dental services and activities on a daily basis.
Education, Experience & Skills
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy Hospital.
• Diploma in Community Oral Health
• BLS Certification
• Excellent communication skills - English and Kiswahili
• Wide knowledge of the health industry.
• Identifying priorities and implementing care based on individual patients’ needs and sound nursing judgment.
Send your updated CV on or before Friday 30TH SEPTEMBER 2020 at 5pm. Please note that only the candidates who meet the eligible criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.