Our client a well-established Private Secondary school seeks to hire a Deputy Principal. The core duties of the Deputy Principal will be to assist the Principal in managing the school and promoting the education of learners to agreed standards set by the school.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Location: Nyandarua -Kipipiri Constituency
Salary: Competitive Salary + Accommodation
a) To assist the school head in making decisions on the staffing of the school discipline team;
b) To assist the school head in developing a school discipline policy;
c) To handle administrative matters relating to student discipline work;
d) To form and lead a school discipline team to plan and develop student discipline work with specific objectives for the school year;
e) To coordinate all functions organized by the school discipline team;
f) To participate in other functional team meetings to ensure that the concerns of school discipline will not be contravened by any other school matters;
g) To liaise with outside organizations and agencies concerned and coordinate their services to strengthen school discipline work; and
h) To monitor the use of resources allocated to school discipline work.
g) Liaise with the school management and the BOM on matters pertaining to school discipline issues
II. Operational Duties
a) To implement and enforce the school discipline policy and school rules;
b) to work in collaboration with other functional teams and/or subject committees in running preventive and developmental programs pertaining to student discipline upon arriving at a consensus on discipline work;
c) To assist other teachers in managing students with serious behavior problems;
d) To collaborate with parents of students with behavior problems in helping the students overcome their difficulties;
e) To attend to individual cases and conduct case conferences with relevant functional teams and teachers;
f) To refer students wherever necessary, to the guidance team, the school social worker or outside bodies for follow-up work;
g) To take the lead in conducting the investigation of complaints from students, parents, teachers and the public; and
h) To review the school discipline policy, school rules and the work of the discipline team and make changes according to the needs of the students, the school and the community.
III. Supportive duties
a) To develop resource materials and programs relating to student discipline for teachers’ reference and use;
b) To assist in running staff development programs to strengthen teachers’ skills in managing students’ misbehavior;
c) To advise on programs regarding parent education; d) to act as an advisor on student discipline matters, and
e) To attend professional meetings and seminars to keep abreast of the recent development in the subject
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. TSC certification and Degree in education.
2. Ten years of teaching experience. Experience as a Deputy Principal is desired.
3. Have teaching specialization in the relevant subjects with proven experience.
4. Excellent communication skills with high fluency in Kiswahili and English languages.
5. Ability to use a variety of approaches in learner instruction.
6. A team player, family oriented, proactive, adaptable, and a problem solver.
7. A passion for children and lifelong learning.
8. MUST have a valid good conduct certificate
9. A language teaching combination will be an added advantage
10.Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured